BAWA holds a Charitable Collections Licence number 21159 issued by the Department of Commerce WA. The holder of such licences is authorised to conduct the following:
- the collection of monies and goods from the public by way of the sale of any disc, badge, token, flower or other
A Little Change can Change a LIFE
- the conduct of any entertainment or function where admission is charged and all or part proceeds are said to go to a charitable purpose;
- advertising that all or part proceeds from any event are to go to charitable purposes; and
- the donation of goods ie the operation of clothing bins and op-shops for charitable purposes.
Our Charity Objectives include: Mission Statement, Target Beneficiary groups; accompanying Programs and Processes of Fund Raising/Management/Expenditure; Promotion and Attraction of Donors/Sponsors; and finally feedback and reporting to our Donors/Sponsors, our Membership, and the WA Government.
To provide Charitable Support and Funds for the needy (predominantly in Myanmar) with the objectives of meeting their Basic Essential Needs, and supporting them to grow and develop through self-sustainability.
Basic Essential Needs are described by the Psychologist Maslow's hierarchy of human needs, the most Basic physiological needs are obvious – they are the literal requirements for human survival. If these requirements are not met, the human body simply cannot continue to function.
The Basic Essential Needs in priority are seen to be:
- Air, water, and food.
- Environmental needs such as clothing, lighting and shelter provide necessary protection from the elements.
- Hygiene/sanitation facilities.
- Affordable community wide medical treatment (eg. vaccinations, eye treatment) and medicines. Also support for specific disease outbreak, or natural disaster emergency medical relief. Excluding treatment for individuals requiring one-off specialised/expensive treatment.
- Education and development.
Secondary, supplementary requirements are seen to be: Transportation, Communication and social Support Services.
The focus is to be on providing Basic items or services of a durable nature that provide ongoing value and service to the community. It is the intention of this Charity Program that assistance and support will be provided to the Orphanages to enable them to move and develop towards a Self-sustaining environment to meet their Basic Needs.
Some basic ideas are seen to be establishing farming/breeding of poultry, chicken/ducks/pigs; and growing of vegetables – as suitable, and where land is available.
Another option is to provide support/tools for skills that will be useful in their Non-Food related Basic Needs, that may also generate their own income streams. Some ideas are to provide sewing machines as this is a basic clothing repair/manufacture skill set, and/or some basic carpentry/maintenance tools to enable them repair/maintain their shelter environment.
No support or services of a political/religious nature are to be provided. However support may be provided to communities/Orphanages that may be operated by various religious or political organisations.
Fund Raising and Support Programs:
A dedicated Charity sub-account is used to hold monies raised from various fundraising events throughout the year, providing a detailed and clear audit trail in accordance with the requirements.
We will also promote and interact with individuals who want to be major Sponsors, or be in specific projects of support. BAWA will be the lead or ‘umbrella group’ with due involvement, feedback to and acknowledgement of the Sponsors.
Support provided thus far:
- Haiti Earthquake
- Bethesda Orphanage Childrens home, Dalla Township, Rangoon
- Parami Orphanage Center, Dalla Township, Rangoon
- St. Joseph's Mission, Zawgyi Orphanage, Zawgyi Township, Mandalay
- Good Shepherd Sister's Health Ministry, Bogyoke Aung San St., Rangoon
- Mingalaba Duck Poultry Farming Project - Hmawbi, in support of Mercy & Grace Child Care Ministry, Hmawbi, Rangoon Township
- Sr. Noeline Haung Van
- Perth Bushfire Appeal
- Three artesian wells and a 1500Lt water storage tanks in Mergue, Yenangyung and Toungoo Districts
- Vanuatu Cyclone (Red Cross)
- Katmandu Earthquake (Red Cross)
- Burma Natural Disaster Relief Fund
- Cyclone Debbie - Queensland
Members of the Community who are interested either to be financial donors, or be more actively involved as Co-Sponsor are encouraged to contact any member of the Management Committee and express their interest.
|You can also make a secured donation by using
Distribution of Charity funds:
||Bethesda Orphanage Childrens Home, Dalla Township Rangoon
||Parami Orphanage Center, Dalla Township, Rangoon
|| St Joseph's Mission, Zawgyi Orphanage, Zawgyi Township
||Good Shepherd Sister's Health Ministry, Bogyoke Aung San St., Rangoon
||Mingalaba Duck Poultry Farming Project - Hmawbi, in support of Mercy & Grace Child Care Ministry, Hmawbi, Rangoon Township
||Sr. Noeline Haung Van
|| Perth Bushfire Appeal
||Three artesian wells and a 1500 Lt water storage tanks in Mergue, Yenangyung and Toungoo Districts
||Vanuatu Cyclone (Red Cross)
||Katmandu Earthquake (Red Cross)
||Burma Natural Disaster Relief Fund
||Cyclone Debbie - Queensland